Young audiences have always been a fundamental part of my storytelling work. Each booking brings at least one highlight and the thousands of children who have worked with me, both listening and telling, have given me more than I can say. Beyond the pleasures of on-going classroom visits some of the special things I have been privileged to do are listed below.
• Toured in Manitoba for Canadian Children’s Book Week
• Included in the Ontario Arts Council’s artists in education roster for six years
• Did three storytelling residencies, one including an Aboriginal Elder, in Moosonee, a fly in community in Northern Ontario. Students were 90% Aboriginal.
• Worked for 3 years with Prologue to the Performing Arts in Toronto
• Included as an artist on MASC’s roster for five years
• Performed the Odyssey at the Ottawa Storytellers Children’s Festival